Saturday, February 19, 2011

A little boost to my ego...

Katrina from They All Call Me Mom gave me this blog award! My first. Thanks so much, Katrina, I am so glad you enjoy my little blog. 
 The rules of the Stylish Blogger Award are:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.  
Share seven things about yourself.
Award seven recently discovered new blogs.
Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award. 

Seven things about me that I haven't blabbed all over this blog or Facebook already? That will be a tough one - let's see:
1. I LOVE television. I really do. I don't get to see very much of it. I watch Glee once a week with my daughter and occasionally turn on Food Network or Fox News while I am in the kitchen. 
2. I stay up late - usually at least until 2a.m. or so - it takes that long to get everything done, plus, my sweet Douglas comes home around 1:30 or so and I like to be up to see him for a while before we go to bed. 
3. I am a little neurotic when it comes to parties or any gathering where food is offered. I have to have TONS of food, and I freak out a little if I don't think everything is just so. Well, more than a little. My family goes all quiet and just scrambles around following orders until everything is ready - I am THAT scary.
4. I am a serial obsessive - and yeah, I just made that up - but, I tend to get all wrapped up in/carried away with things I like. When I was little, it was Trixie Belden books, then for about 20 years, it was Oprah, then it was one blog, then another. I do it with all areas of my life, from what I read to movies I watch to what clothes I dress my kids in. It all has to be part of a set, or somehow fit together (in my brain, no one else's). Maybe a better way to put it would be that I enjoy living in a certain genré!
5. I am #3 in a line of  4 Megans. My grandmother is Megan #1, my mom is Megan#2, I am Megan #3, and my daughter is Megan#4. My grandmother and I used to always sign cards to each other with just "Love, #1" and "Love, #3". It was our little thing. I miss that.
6. I am passionate, to the point of militancy on my views on several issues. I think that militancy tends to turn people off, so they cannot hear my message, and I battle between toning it down to be heard, and just exploding. - Mellow I am not.
7. I love my husband. (This should have been number 1!). I mean, I really, really love him. He  is just like standing on solid ground after teetering endlessly off a cliff. I love that he has green eyes, he is big and tall, thinks I am corny and loves me anyway, and he makes really beautiful babies. The end. 

Seven bloggers I have recently discovered and LOVE!
Check them out - they are all pretty fabulous! 

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome for the award!!! I'll have to check out your seven blogs that you gave the award to -- well, except Habitat 4 Insanity, because I'm already a follower of hers. But the others are new to me!

    I have the most in common with you in regards to your #2 -- I stay up WAY too late around here, until 2am most nights. I just can't help it! It's the only time I get to myself! This weekend, my husband took FIVE of my little ones camping and left me with JUST our 2 year old. (well, and my 3 teenagers but they pretty much leave me alone/aren't as demanding as the other five!) and I thought to myself, how nice will this be? Just ME and the BABY ... how easy.

    NOT!

    I really never noticed how much this little toddler of mine PLAYS and keeps herself entertained with those FIVE older siblings during the day! Until they were GONE and it was just ME and HER.

    All day today, it was "will you read me a book?" and I say yes, and she brings over 15 books. "will you pway Barbeee wit me" and so I sat and played Barbies with her. "will you pway tic-tac-toe wit me?" I taught her to play tic-tac-toe and now it's her newest "thing" and she asked me to play it with her about 25 times today. She was in the kitchen when I was in the kitchen, in the bathroom when I was in the bathroom, insisted on eating everything I was eating even though she had already eaten her own food....

    I am NOT complaining, even though it seems I am. It's just I never realized how much WORK she is when her siblings are not here with her! Ha ha! But oh...how much FUN she was today! I just cherished her the entire time, although I will admit that she wore this 41-year-old mom OUT completely.

    But of course...here I sit....at close to 1:00am in the morning...blogging. See, as tired as I am...I still cherish my "alone" time too much to go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart!!!!!!

    It's so nice to read about a family striving to love and serve God each day, you know? Sometimes it can get discouraging in this world when you think you're on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina,
    I feel like I have more in common with you than many other bloggers. I think family size and that dynamic of having older kids and wee littles at the same time it a big part of it.
    I love getting to spend time with just one child, too. It helps you get to know their heart a little better, even with a two year old! I bet you had a lot of fun!
    Pipsylou, I love reading your blog, too, for the same reason, as well as the fact that you are a foster parent. I have ALWAYS wanted to foster or adopt, the time has just never been right, but i pray it will happen one day!
    Thanks so much for your comments, ladies - have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just discovered your blog and wanted to thank you for listing me as a favorite place to visit. I look forward to reading more about you. Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

A blogger loves feed back, and a part time narcissist needs it! If you have a comment or question, I promise to get back to you right away, it's not like I have a houseful of kids to feed or anything!