Just a woman, trying to remember she is not a girl anymore, who wants to be a true daughter of our Blessed Mother Mary. I'm not there yet, but I am striving to be what the Lord wants for me.
Wife to 1
Stepmom to 1 and
Mother of 9 more...
Sometimes life is overwhelming, chaotic and often more beautiful than I can comprehend.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
A little boost to my ego...
Katrina from They All Call Me Mom gave me this blog award! My first. Thanks so much, Katrina, I am so glad you enjoy my little blog.
The rules of the Stylish Blogger Award are: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post. Share seven things about yourself. Award seven recently discovered new blogs. Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award.
Seven things about me that I haven't blabbed all over this blog or Facebook already? That will be a tough one - let's see:
1. I LOVE television. I really do. I don't get to see very much of it. I watch Glee once a week with my daughter and occasionally turn on Food Network or Fox News while I am in the kitchen.
2. I stay up late - usually at least until 2a.m. or so - it takes that long to get everything done, plus, my sweet Douglas comes home around 1:30 or so and I like to be up to see him for a while before we go to bed.
3. I am a little neurotic when it comes to parties or any gathering where food is offered. I have to have TONS of food, and I freak out a little if I don't think everything is just so. Well, more than a little. My family goes all quiet and just scrambles around following orders until everything is ready - I am THAT scary.
4. I am a serial obsessive - and yeah, I just made that up - but, I tend to get all wrapped up in/carried away with things I like. When I was little, it was Trixie Belden books, then for about 20 years, it was Oprah, then it was one blog, then another. I do it with all areas of my life, from what I read to movies I watch to what clothes I dress my kids in. It all has to be part of a set, or somehow fit together (in my brain, no one else's). Maybe a better way to put it would be that I enjoy living in a certain genré!
5. I am #3 in a line of 4 Megans. My grandmother is Megan #1, my mom is Megan#2, I am Megan #3, and my daughter is Megan#4. My grandmother and I used to always sign cards to each other with just "Love, #1" and "Love, #3". It was our little thing. I miss that.
6. I am passionate, to the point of militancy on my views on several issues. I think that militancy tends to turn people off, so they cannot hear my message, and I battle between toning it down to be heard, and just exploding. - Mellow I am not.
7. I love my husband. (This should have been number 1!). I mean, I really, really love him. He is just like standing on solid ground after teetering endlessly off a cliff. I love that he has green eyes, he is big and tall, thinks I am corny and loves me anyway, and he makes really beautiful babies. The end.
Seven bloggers I have recently discovered and LOVE!