Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday Birthday

 We've had a lot of birthday going on around here. Our baby, Caleb (Yebbi) turned a year old a couple of weeks ago. I've been so busy, I never got to write him a proper post, so I have to make up for it.

Yeb, you are pure love. You are real trouble, and you love to put everything in your mouth. You are a pro at climbing EVERYTHING, and have been really lucky that you have big brothers who jump to your rescue constantly. You have dimples that flash a bazillion times a day, and they are so big, I could keep beans in them! You are delicious in every possible way. Happy Very 1st Birthday, my baby boy. I can't believe it's been a year already! Our world is so much happier with you in it.

I know it sounds ridiculous for a mother of so many to say she was surprised to find out she was pregnant, but when we found out about Caleb, we were stunned. I had suffered a miscarriage on a Wednesday, and by Friday, was bleeding so very heavily that we ran to the ER in the middle of the night. They performed an ultra sound and discovered, much to our total shock and amazement, that while his twin had miscarried, our little baby Caleb was 7 weeks along and doing just fine, completely unfazed by all the turmoil going on around him! God must have great plans for this little soul!
When it was time for Caleb to be born, there was again, a lot of turmoil, which I wrote in one of my very first posts - but, he has survived against the odds, and for that we are incredibly grateful. God Bless you, Caleb Blaize!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blogger loves feed back, and a part time narcissist needs it! If you have a comment or question, I promise to get back to you right away, it's not like I have a houseful of kids to feed or anything!